A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your research ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.