A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is special since it is not mass-produced. However, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and also sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just thread, needle, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to create a product distinctively for you.