A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who create our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies has to coincide with their home life, given that they remain at home to care for their households. Quilt-making meets that requirement. We enable these women to create at their own rate to ensure they may appropriately look after their family. For a lot of ladies, quilt-making is good therapy and also an excellent past-time.