A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We publish the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Please do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.