A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.