Mariner’s Postage Stamp Quilt
A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions varies. We post the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. Please do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an ideal match for your bed. Each quilt's size is special. Verify your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework before you purchase!