A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that design our quilts pick high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your research before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's know-how. Every one of our women concentrates on either assembling or quilting. For that reason, a minimum of 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops with each other specialize in piecing certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to come to be a professional in her field.