Star Postage Stamp Quilt
This Star Postage Stamp Quilt is beautifully hand stitched by one Amish women in Lancaster, PA. The design is known as the Star Postage Stamp and will be sure to add a lovely artistic touch to any bedroom.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's size can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process needs a specific lady's competence. Every one of our women focuses on either piecing or quilting. At least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies that stitch the tops together focus on piecing certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to become a specialist in her field.