Star Postage Stamp Quilt
This Star Postage Stamp Quilt is beautifully hand stitched by one Amish women in Lancaster, PA. The design is known as the Star Postage Stamp and will be sure to add a lovely artistic touch to any bedroom.
A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
For hundreds of years, many different methods have been cultivated to make it simpler for quilters to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these methodologies is paper piecing, which is very often adopted to piece the challenging corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name signifies, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the fabric segments are sewn. The pattern directs the quilter to correctly assemble the pieces together so that the finalized top will lie out evenly. Techniques of this sort as this are a fantastic support to our quilt-makers!