A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. It is important to do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts produced by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nevertheless, not all the sewing in a hand-crafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses use numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter collaborates with only thimble, string, and also needle to quilt thousands of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to create a thing distinctly for you.