A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who create our quilts pick top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Given that every quilt's measurements are different, it really is essential that the quilt you order is an appropriate match for your bed. Assess your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to buying!