A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each and every quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Kindly do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans have a really significant undertaking. They possess the difficult assignment of selecting complimentary fabric materials from a seismic array of textures generated by various fabric artists and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is vital to the finished appearance of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a first-rate job of settling upon beautiful materials that balance each other and combine splendidly. That is the reason why we regard a quilt a work of art!