A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. It is important to do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our creators have a very important assignment. They have the vital responsibility of figuring out coordinating patterns from a huge selection of materials fabricated by a variety of texture artists and suppliers. Each fabric chosen is pivotal to the finished visual appeal of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an admirable job of selecting appealing patterns that enhance each other and coordinate effectively. That is the reason we consider a quilt a work of artwork!