The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Definitely do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that each quilt's dimensions are different, it is vital that the quilt you buy is an ideal match for your bed. Investigate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring prior to buying!