The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process needs a particular lady's expertise. Every one of our ladies specializes in either assembling or quilting. At least 2 ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The ladies that stitch the tops with each other specialize in assembling particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to become an expert in her field.