The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Definitely do your homework prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.