The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who develop our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Kindly do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans maintain a really noteworthy position. They have the significant mission of deciding upon complimentary materials from an enormous assortment of patterns fabricated by a wide range of material designers and companies. Each pattern chosen is pivotal to the final appearance of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an admirable job of going with pleasing fabric materials that balance each other and coordinate well. This is the reason why we consider a quilt a work of art!