The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each and every quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the size you may need. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an ideal match for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Evaluate your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework prior to buying!