A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who design our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to define crafts created by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter works with only thimble, needle, and string to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and skill to develop a product distinctively for you.