A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts choose high quality colorful materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Please do your homework prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Due to the fact that a lot of Amish and Mennonite mothers remain at home to take care of their families, their jobs have to coincide with their home life. Quilt-making suits that criteria. Our company allows these women to produce at their own personal rate so that they may effectively take care of their family. For a lot of ladies, quilting is excellent therapy as well as a superb past-time.