A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick top quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. It is important to do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.