A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your research before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.