A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions varies as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you order is a well-suited fit for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are different. Evaluate your size by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research before you purchase!