A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's size is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want to have. It is important to do your homework prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.