The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your homework before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
It is crucial that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate match for your bed. Each quilt's measurements are special. Investigate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research prior to buying!