A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size varies as well. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Because every quilt's size is special, it is vital that the quilt you buy is an appropriate match for your bed. Investigate your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring ahead of purchasing!