A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Kindly do your homework before your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a certain lady's competence. Each of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The women who sew the tops with each other focus on assembling particular quilt patterns. Because each quilter's stitches vary, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being a specialist in her work.