A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. It is important to do your homework prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically made use of to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating knife and also stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with only thimble, needle, and string to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to create a thing distinctively for you.