A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who design our quilts select high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Please do your measuring prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans hold a remarkably important job. They possess the critical assignment of picking coordinating textures from a massive array of fabrics generated by a wide range of fabric material designers and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is vital to the finished look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an excellent job of going with pleasing fabric materials that enhance each other and harmonize well. This is the reason we call a quilt a work of fine art!