A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind since it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife and stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with merely thread, needle, as well as thimble to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and ability to develop an item uniquely for you.