A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts select quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite women must correspond to their home life, since they remain at home to look after their families. Quilt-making fits that criteria. Our team allows these ladies to create at their own rate to ensure they can appropriately look after their family. For many women, making quilts is actually really good therapy and an excellent past-time.