A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who create our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Kindly do your homework before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.