A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring before your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The profession of a lot of Amish and Mennonite women needs to fit their home life, because they stay at home to care for their families. Quilt-making meets that criteria. We allow these ladies to operate at their own pace to ensure they may appropriately look after their household. For many women, making quilts is great therapy and also an excellent past-time.