A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that make our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your homework prior to buying!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Because lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their loved ones, their professions have to fit their home life. We enable these women to work at their own pace so that they may appropriately care for their loved ones.