A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that create our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Please do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our shop.