A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select high quality vivid materials and organize them into a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is typically utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman in contrast to a factory. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nevertheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotating blade knife as well as sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, thread, and needle to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to develop a product uniquely for you.