A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that make our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's overall size varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Considering that lots of Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to take care of their families, their professions must correspond to their home life. Quilt-making accommodates that criteria. Our team allows these ladies to produce at their own rate to make sure that they may properly maintain their household. For a lot of ladies, quilt-making is actually excellent therapy and a great past-time.