The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts pick top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, every quilt's overall size differs. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. Please do your homework prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife and stitch them together on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just needle, string, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to produce a product distinctly for you.