The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfy bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Because a lot of Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their loved ones, their occupations have to coincide with their home life. We allow our ladies to operate at their own rate so that they may properly care for their household.