The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who create our quilts select top quality colorful materials and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions can be different. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research before your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans have a really important assignment. They possess the critical duty of choosing complimentary materials from a massive assortment of patterns generated by a wide range of material designers and companies. Each fabric material chosen is vital to the completed visual appeal of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an excellent job of picking out visually appealing patterns that enhance each other and correlate excellently. That is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a work of artwork!