The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We specify the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their families, their occupations should correspond to their home life. We permit these women to work at their own rate so that they can appropriately care for their loved ones.