The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not just a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really generous in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We specify the quilt's measurements with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts produced by an artisan rather than a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. However, not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as stitch them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with just string, needle, and also thimble to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to produce an item distinctively for you.