The Fire Island Hosta quilt is an exquisite piece of artwork done by Lancaster's fine quilters. This king quilt features a scalloped border and 474 yards of hand-quilting. Many hours of detailed work by skilled hands produced this quilt. The quilt is initialed and dated. On a king bed this quilt will allow 17 inches of drop per side.
A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size is different. We list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since each quilt's proportions are unique, it really is essential that the quilt you purchase is an ideal fit for your bed. Evaluate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your research ahead of buying!