A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions varies as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions with the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.