A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also outstanding washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We list the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed as well as helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Our creators enjoy a really significant responsibility. They possess the difficult responsibility of selecting complimentary materials from an enormous variety of patterns fabricated by numerous material designers and companies. Each fabric chosen is vital to the finished look of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a first-rate job of settling upon attractive fabric materials that balance each other and harmonize nicely. This is the reason why we regard a quilt a piece of artistry!