A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and arrange them into an appealing work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly used to describe crafts created by an artisan instead of a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. However, not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his workmanship, our seamstresses utilize various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with just needle, thimble, as well as string to quilt thousands of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to produce an item distinctly for you.