A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick high quality vibrant materials and organize them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. It is important to do your research before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their households, their occupations need to coincide with their home life. We enable our ladies to work at their own rate so that they can adequately look after their family.