A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size is different as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Definitely do your homework before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since every quilt's proportions are special, it is vital that the quilt you order is an appropriate match for your bed. Check your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research before you buy!