A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's overall size differs as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.