A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Definitely do your measuring ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.