A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is generally made use of to define crafts produced by an artisan as opposed to a manufacturing facility. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife and also stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with only needle, thimble, and also string to quilt thousands of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce an item distinctly for you.