A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. It is important to do your homework before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.