A quilt is not merely a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts select quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to remove the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, every quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artists have a quite significant responsibility. They have the vital assignment of deciding upon complimentary patterns from a huge array of fabric materials developed by many different pattern artists and companies. Each texture chosen is vital to the finished aesthetics of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did an excellent job of settling upon pleasing fabric materials that suit each other and correlate favorably. That is why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of fine art!