A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. We publish the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The profession of many Amish and Mennonite ladies needs to fit their home life, given that they remain at home to look after their loved ones. Quilting meets that criteria. We permit these women to operate at their own personal pace to ensure they can appropriately care for their household. For lots of ladies, making quilts is actually really good therapy and a great past-time.