A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size differs. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Definitely do your research before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Due to the fact that many Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their households, their professions must coincide with their home life. Quilt-making meets that need. Our team permits these women to operate at their own personal rate to ensure that they can appropriately look after their household. For lots of ladies, quilt-making is really good therapy and an outstanding past-time.