A quilt is not merely a cozy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select quality vivid materials and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.