A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who create our quilts select high quality colorful materials and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artists maintain a remarkably noteworthy assignment. They possess the significant undertaking of deciding on coordinating fabric materials from an enormous assortment of fabric materials fabricated by a wide range of texture designers and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is pivotal to the completed look of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a first-rate job of settling upon beautiful fabrics that match each other and correlate nicely. That is the reason that we consider a quilt a work of artistry!