A quilt is not only a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size varies. We list the quilt's measurements along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. It is important to do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists possess a very significant assignment. They have the critical responsibility of finding coordinating materials from a seismic variety of textures generated by a wide range of material artists and suppliers. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the final fashion of the quilt. The artisan behind this quilt did an admirable job of choosing pleasing materials that suit each other and correlate nicely. That is the reason we refer to as a quilt a piece of artistry!