A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts select quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Most of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Please do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Since many Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their loved ones, their professions have to fit their home life. Our company permits our ladies to function at their own rate so that they can properly care for their loved ones.