A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an attractive work of art. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be really large in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's overall size can be different. We specify the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are looking for. Definitely do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly utilized to describe crafts created by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize numerous devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary knife as well as sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with just needle, thread, and also thimble to quilt numerous little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to create a product distinctively for you.