A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. We post the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. It is important to do your research ahead of purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer quits to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
It is essential that the quilt you purchase is an appropriate fit for your bed. Every quilt's size is different. Investigate your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your research before you buy!