A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements varies as well. We designate the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Definitely do your measuring ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their families, their professions have to coincide with their home life. Quilting meets that criteria. We permit these ladies to create at their own rate to ensure that they can effectively look after their household. For a lot of women, making quilts is great therapy and also an exceptional past-time.