A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who design our quilts choose top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. In fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's sizing is different as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Because every quilt's proportions are unique, it really is essential that the quilt you order is a suitable fit for your bed. Evaluate your dimensions by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring before you purchase!