A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who make our quilts choose high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Please do your research before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.