A quilt is not only a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts select top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather generous in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size varies as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. It is important to do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.