A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts pick top quality colorful materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size differs. We specify the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. It is important to do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since each quilt's size is special, it really is important that the quilt you purchase is definitely an ideal fit for your bed. Evaluate your size simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your research before you buy!