A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts select high quality colorful materials and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size can be different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Definitely do your homework prior to purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our designers hold a very significant responsibility. They possess the critical undertaking of deciding upon coordinating materials from an enormous variety of fabrics manufactured by different material designers and companies. Each fabric chosen is vital to the finished fashion of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did an admirable job of picking out pleasing fabrics that complement each other and coordinate favorably. This is precisely why we call a quilt a masterpiece of art!