A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that develop our quilts select top quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing differs. We specify the quilt's measurements with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Please do your measuring before your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts produced by a craftsman instead of a manufacturing facility. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use various devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter works with only thread, thimble, and also needle to quilt thousands of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also skill to create an item uniquely for you.