A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts pick quality vivid materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Definitely do your research before buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally utilized to describe crafts created by an artisan in contrast to a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is special due to the fact that it is not mass-produced. However, not all the stitching in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his craftsmanship, our seamstresses use different tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her items with a rotary blade knife and stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with merely thimble, thread, and also needle to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also talent to develop a product uniquely for you.