A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts pick high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing differs. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you need. Definitely do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish as well as Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our store.