A quilt is not merely a comfy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select quality colorful materials and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's sizing varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.