A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
While the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and superb washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements is different as well. We specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. It is important to do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy stops bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Given that each quilt's size is different, it is vital that the quilt you buy is a suitable match for your bed. Evaluate your size by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your measuring before you purchase!