A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that make our quilts pick top quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Given that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their families, their occupations should coincide with their home life. We allow these women to function at their own personal rate so that they can properly look after their loved ones.