A quilt is not merely a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs. We specify the quilt's measurements together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your homework prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy avoids bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a specific woman's proficiency. Each of our ladies concentrates on either assembling or quilting. Consequently, at the very least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The women who sew the tops with each other focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being a professional in her field.