A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who create our quilts select top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size is different. We list the quilt's measurements in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your homework before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Since a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to take care of their families, their occupations must fit their home life. Quilting accommodates that criteria. Our company allows these ladies to produce at their own personal rate to ensure they can properly look after their household. For lots of women, quilt-making is actually excellent therapy and also an excellent past-time.