A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different. We publish the quilt's dimensions in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Please do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.