A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts select top-notch colorful materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.