A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's overall size can be different. We designate the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are looking for. Definitely do your research prior to making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
It is vital that the quilt you order is a well-suited match for your bed. Every quilt's measurements are special. Verify your dimensions by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you purchase!