A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts choose top quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. We designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Please do your research before your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular lady's know-how. Every one of our ladies concentrates on either piecing or quilting. For that reason, a minimum of 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The women that sew the tops together concentrate on assembling particular quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each woman to end up being an expert in her work.