A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size differs as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the size you may need. Kindly do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.