A quilt is not merely a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who develop our quilts pick high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. In fact, nearly all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each and every quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the overall size you may need. Kindly do your research ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.