A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters who create our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you need. Kindly do your measuring before your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts produced by an artisan instead of a manufacturing facility. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is one-of-a-kind. Not all the stitching in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical tools to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses use various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary blade knife as well as sew them together on the sewing machine. The quilter functions with just thimble, needle, and thread to quilt thousands of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as ability to create a product distinctly for you.