A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts pick quality vibrant materials and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We designate the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. It is important to do your research ahead of buying!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Our artists maintain a very important assignment. They have the significant undertaking of selecting coordinating patterns from an almost infinite assortment of fabric materials offered by various fabric artists and companies. Each fabric chosen is integral to the final look of the quilt. The creator behind this quilt did a lovely job of finding charming fabrics that enhance each other and correlate effectively. That is exactly why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of artistry!