A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts pick top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. In fact, well-nigh of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's size differs as well. You'll find we list the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you may need. Please do your measuring before buying!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Each step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain woman's expertise. Each of our ladies focuses on either piecing or quilting. Consequently, at the very least 2 ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women that sew the tops together concentrate on piecing certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being an expert in her field.