A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who develop our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably generous in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's measurements is different as well. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you want to have. Kindly do your measuring before your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Did you know?
Considering that every quilt's measurements are special, it really is essential that the quilt you buy is a well-suited match for your bed. Investigate your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you prefer. Do your research prior to purchasing!