A quilt is not just a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and organize them in an eye-catching work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn together by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's measurements can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Please do your homework ahead of making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Because each quilt's dimensions are unique, it really is important that the quilt you buy is definitely a correct match for your bed. Evaluate your dimensions simply by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your homework prior to buying!