A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose quality colorful fabrics and arrange them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Kindly do your homework ahead of purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest the following standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.