A quilt is not just a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who design our quilts choose quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, nearly all of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements varies as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are looking for. Definitely do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to minimize creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite and Amish ladies to make quilts for our shop.