A quilt is not just a cozy blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and arrange them in a distinct masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also excellent washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements can be different. We list the quilt's dimensions alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want. Kindly do your homework before making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite mothers has to correspond to their home life, since they stay at home to look after their families. Quilting accommodates that need. Our team allows these ladies to produce at their own personal pace to make sure that they may properly take care of their household. For many ladies, making quilts is good therapy and a superb past-time.