A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. Kindly do your homework prior to purchasing!
Yes, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a certain lady's expertise. Each of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. Consequently, at the very least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The women who sew the tops together focus on piecing specific quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to end up being a specialist in her work.