A quilt is not merely a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists that design our quilts choose quality vibrant materials and arrange them in an attractive masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. In fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements can be different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. Please do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Our artisans have a truly significant undertaking. They possess the difficult assignment of picking complimentary patterns from a huge choice of fabric materials manufactured by various texture designers and suppliers. Each fabric material chosen is integral to the completed aesthetics of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did a lovely job of picking pleasing patterns that suit each other and coordinate nicely. That is why we consider a quilt a piece of artwork!