A quilt is not merely a cozy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose top-notch vivid materials and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. In fact, almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's proportions varies. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Over the centuries, numerous procedures have been developed to make it easier for quilt-makers to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these procedures is paper piecing, which is often times adopted to assemble the intricate corners of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it name illustrates, uses an unique paper pattern on which the material sections are sewn. The pattern directs the seamstress to perfectly sew the pieces together so that the completed top will lie out evenly. Solutions such as this are a very good help to our quilters!