A quilt is not just a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them into a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
While the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Please do your research ahead of purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts employs nearly 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our shop.