A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's measurements is different. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.