A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies. We specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you may need. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to sew quilts for our store.