A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts choose top quality colorful materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's overall size differs. We designate the quilt's measurements in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Please do your measuring before making a purchase!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This home remedy prevents bleed and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since many Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their households, their professions have to correspond to their home life. We permit our ladies to function at their own pace so that they may effectively care for their family.