A quilt is not merely a relaxing blanket: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists that develop our quilts select top quality vivid fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your research ahead of buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine stops to minimize creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process calls for a particular lady's competence. Each of our ladies concentrates on either assembling or quilting. At least two ladies are entailed in making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops together specialize in assembling certain quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system allows each woman to come to be an expert in her work.