A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that create our quilts select top-notch vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a captivating work of art. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as superb washing results.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing differs. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you are looking for. It is important to do your homework ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our artists enjoy a quite important job. They possess the significant mission of looking for complimentary patterns from a seismic array of fabrics provided by various pattern designers and companies. Each texture chosen is crucial to the finished appeal of the quilt. The designer behind this quilt did a first-rate job of going with pleasing fabric materials that balance each other and combine excellently. This is precisely why we refer to as a quilt a masterpiece of art!