A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size varies. We post the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want to have. Definitely do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to decrease wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Each and every step of the quilt-making process calls for a specific lady's know-how. Each of our ladies focuses on either assembling or quilting. At the very least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies who stitch the tops together concentrate on assembling specific quilt patterns. Since each quilter's stitches differ, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to end up being a professional in her field.