A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Because every quilt's dimensions are special, it is important that the quilt you buy is a correct fit for your bed. Verify your dimensions simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you desire. Do your homework prior to buying!