A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans that make our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and arrange them into an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and outstanding washing results.
The majority of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. You'll find we post the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you need. Definitely do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy avoids bleed and assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
It is vital that the quilt you order is a correct match for your bed. Each quilt's size is special. Verify your size simply by measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your homework before you buy!