A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that create our quilts pick quality vivid fabrics and organize them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the size you want. Kindly do your research ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is generally utilized to define crafts created by a craftsman rather than a manufacturing facility. Each handmade quilt is unique because it is not mass-produced. Not all the sewing in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter uses mechanical tools to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses utilize different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and sew them together on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with just thimble, needle, and string to quilt hundreds of little stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to produce a thing distinctively for you.