A quilt is not merely a comfortable blanket: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans who create our quilts pick top quality vivid fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the size you need. Kindly do your research before buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage as well as assists in protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.