A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we list the quilt's measurements along with the determined drop for you to compare to the measurements you are trying to find. Please do your measuring prior to your purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest the following guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts employs almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.