A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's size varies. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions as well as the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you are trying to find. Kindly do your research prior to making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy stops bleed and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Considering that a lot of Amish and Mennonite ladies stay at home to look after their families, their jobs must fit their home life. We permit these women to function at their own personal rate so that they can effectively care for their loved ones.