A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who make our quilts pick high quality vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also excellent washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be really generous in length and width. Actuality, almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions is different. We publish the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your measuring before purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Our artisans possess a really noteworthy assignment. They have the critical mission of finding coordinating materials from an enormous array of textures manufactured by many different pattern designers and suppliers. Each pattern chosen is integral to the final appeal of the quilt. The artist behind this quilt did a splendid job of going with charming fabrics that complement each other and correlate very well. That is the reason we consider a quilt a work of fine art!