A quilt is not only a comfortable bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that create our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into an attractive masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's proportions differs. We post the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we most definitely advise washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is crucial that the quilt you buy is an appropriate fit for your bed. Each quilt's dimensions are special. Confirm your dimensions by simply measuring the side of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you buy!