A quilt is not merely a cozy bed covering: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who make our quilts select top quality colorful materials and organize them into an attractive work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably generous in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's proportions is different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Please do your homework before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Due to the fact that numerous Amish and also Mennonite ladies stay at home to care for their families, their professions have to fit their home life. Our company permits these women to operate at their own personal pace so that they can adequately look after their family.