A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists that develop our quilts choose top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn with each other by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to remove the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's size can be different. We list the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our store.