A quilt is not just a comfortable bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who develop our quilts select top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also exceptional washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Kindly do your measuring prior to making a purchase!
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Considering that a lot of Amish as well as Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their jobs need to fit their home life. Our company enables these women to work at their own personal pace so that they may effectively care for their household.