A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans that design our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as outstanding washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. We specify the quilt's measurements as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want to have. It is important to do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Since lots of Amish and also Mennonite ladies remain at home to care for their families, their occupations must fit their home life. Our company permits these women to function at their own rate so that they may properly care for their family.