A quilt is not just a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's size can be different. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your measuring ahead of making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Over the centuries, quite a number of methodologies have been perfected to make it easier for quilt-makers to stitch multi-angled quilts together. One of these techniques is called paper piecing, which is regularly applied to assemble the complicated edges of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title suggests, uses a special paper pattern onto which the cloth pieces are sewn. The pattern directs the seamstress to accurately assemble the pieces together so that the finalized top will lie out flat. Solutions of this sort as this are a fabulous aid to our quilters!
A quilt is not only a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who design our quilts pick quality colorful fabrics and organize them into an attractive work of art. Pick from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each quilt's dimensions is different. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you are trying to find. Kindly do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Our designers hold a really important assignment. They have the vital assignment of figuring out coordinating textures from an enormous variety of fabrics provided by a variety of material designers and companies. Each texture chosen is pivotal to the final fashion of the quilt. The artist of this quilt did an excellent job of finding charming patterns that complement each other and coordinate excellently. That is the reason we call a quilt a piece of fine art!