A quilt is not only a comfortable bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artisans that make our quilts choose high quality colorful fabrics and organize them in a creative work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. As a matter of fact, the majority of our quilts are sizable enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's measurements differs as well. You'll find we post the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are looking for. Kindly do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against bleed and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to lessen creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.