A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The crafters that make our quilts select top quality vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and excellent washing results.
You will find our quilts to be relatively generous in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's measurements varies as well. We post the quilt's dimensions in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural remedy prevents hemorrhage and also aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes almost 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.