A quilt is not only a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and organize them into an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's measurements differs. We list the quilt's measurements together with the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. It is important to do your measuring prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy protects against hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to make quilts for our store.