A quilt is not only a cozy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts pick high quality colorful materials and organize them in a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different as well. You'll find we publish the quilt's dimensions as well as the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you are looking for. It is important to do your research prior to purchasing!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We recommend complying with these standards for ideal handling results:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy protects against bleed and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is important that the quilt you order is a correct fit for your bed. Every quilt's proportions are special. Investigate your size by measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you want. Do your measuring before you buy!