A quilt is not only a relaxing bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and arrange them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are sewn together by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and also exceptional washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's proportions differs. We publish the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Definitely do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely suggest washing.
Did you know?
Every step of the quilt-making process requires a certain woman's experience. Each of our ladies specializes in either assembling or quilting. At least two ladies are included in making each quilt. The women that sew the tops together concentrate on piecing certain quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches vary, only one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to become an expert in her field.