A quilt is not just a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that create our quilts pick top-notch vibrant materials and arrange them into an attractive work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and exceptional washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's size is different as well. You'll find we specify the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you want to have. Kindly do your homework prior to your purchase!
As a matter of fact, these quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This home remedy protects against bleed as well as aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine quits to lessen creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Facts
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.