A quilt is not just a relaxing bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artisans who make our quilts select quality vibrant materials and organize them into a distinct work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to reduce the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements alongside the calculated drop for you to compare to the size you want. It is important to do your research ahead of purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest the following guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Due to the fact that numerous Amish and Mennonite ladies remain at home to look after their households, their professions should coincide with their home life. Our company permits our ladies to work at their own pace so that they may properly look after their loved ones.