A quilt is not just a relaxing blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that develop our quilts choose quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in an appealing masterpiece. Pick from our stock of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your taste.
Though the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are generous enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We specify the quilt's measurements in addition to the calculated drop for you to compare to the measurements you want. Please do your research prior to your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our designers maintain a very important undertaking. They possess the difficult duty of deciding upon coordinating fabric materials from a huge variety of fabrics offered by different texture designers and companies. Each pattern chosen is crucial to the finished appeal of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a fine job of selecting charming fabric materials that suit each other and correlate very well. That is precisely why we consider a quilt a masterpiece of art!