A quilt is not only a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts choose top-notch colorful materials and organize them into an eye-catching masterpiece. Pick from our selection of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your style.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and exceptional washing results.
You will find our quilts to be really large in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to minimize the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size can be different as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the sizing you may need. Definitely do your research ahead of your purchase!
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend the following guidelines for best results:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce creases as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to describe crafts created by an artisan as opposed to a factory. Since it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is unique. Not all the sewing in a handmade quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter makes use of mechanical devices to produce his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating blade knife and also sew them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter functions with just thread, thimble, and also needle to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as talent to develop an item distinctively for you.