A quilt is not only a cozy bed cover: it is also a piece of art. The artists that make our quilts select high quality vivid fabrics and organize them into an appealing masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as superb washing outcomes.
Just about all of our quilts are large enough to reduce the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights are different, each quilt's dimensions is different. We list the quilt's measurements along with the estimated drop for you to compare to the measurements you need. Definitely do your research ahead of purchasing!
Yes, these quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy protects against hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
The term handmade is commonly made use of to define crafts created by a craftsman as opposed to a factory. Because it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is distinct. Not all the sewing in a handcrafted quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to create his craftsmanship, our seamstresses make use of numerous tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as sew them with each other on the sewing machine. The quilter deals with merely thimble, needle, and thread to quilt hundreds of tiny stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time as well as skill to develop a product uniquely for you.