A quilt is not merely a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The crafters who design our quilts pick quality colorful materials and arrange them into a creative masterpiece. Choose from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as superb washing results.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. Most of our quilts are generous enough to do away with the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements with the calculated drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Please do your research before purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against bleed and also helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artists maintain a remarkably significant job. They possess the significant duty of picking coordinating textures from an enormous choice of materials generated by many different texture artists and companies. Each texture chosen is crucial to the completed fashion of the quilt. The designer of this quilt did a first-rate job of going with visually appealing textures that match each other and correlate excellently. This is precisely why we call a quilt a piece of artwork!