A quilt is not only a relaxing bedspread: it is also a piece of art. The artists who create our quilts pick top-notch vivid fabrics and organize them into an eye-catching work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your style.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather sizable in length and width. Almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's overall size varies as well. We list the quilt's dimensions along with the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. Please do your research prior to making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest complying with these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and aids with protecting the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine quits to lessen wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
For hundreds of years, many different procedures have been perfected to make it simpler for quilt-makers to piece multi-angled quilts together. One of these tactics is called paper piecing, which is popularly taken advantage of to piece the intricate points of the Mariner's Compass quilts
. Paper piecing, as it title signifies, uses a distinct paper pattern on which the material segments are sewn. The pattern directs the quilter to perfectly assemble the pieces together so that the completed top will lie out evenly. Solutions of this sort as this are a tremendous support to our quilters!