A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters that design our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and organize them in a creative work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that best enhances your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's sizing is different as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Please do your homework prior to your purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We suggest adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents bleed and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Our artisans have a truly important job. They possess the vital task of selecting complimentary fabrics from an enormous choice of fabric materials fabricated by many different material artists and suppliers. Each texture chosen is essential to the final appeal of the quilt. The creator of this quilt did a top job of choosing beautiful materials that match each other and coordinate very well. This is the reason that we regard a quilt a masterpiece of artwork!