A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a distinct work of art. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be really sizable in length and width. As a matter of fact, most of our quilts are sizable enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's dimensions varies as well. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you are trying to find. Kindly do your measuring ahead of buying!
Are our quilts washable?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy stops hemorrhage as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we absolutely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes nearly 200 Mennonite as well as Amish ladies to produce quilts for our shop.