A quilt is not only a comfortable blanket: it is also a piece of art. The artists who develop our quilts select top quality vivid materials and organize them in an eye-catching masterpiece. Select from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your taste.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched together by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both warmth and superb washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are sizable enough to eliminate the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions differs. We designate the quilt's measurements together with the determined drop for you to compare to the proportions you may need. Kindly do your research before your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage as well as aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to minimize wrinkles and also color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
Each step of the quilt-making process requires a certain woman's knowledge. Each of our ladies concentrates on either piecing or quilting. For that reason, a minimum of two ladies are associated with making each quilt. The women who stitch the tops with each other specialize in assembling specific quilt patterns. Considering that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system permits each lady to come to be a specialist in her field.