A quilt is not just a comfy blanket: it is also a piece of artwork. The artisans who make our quilts choose top quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them in a creative masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best matches your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to make certain tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those two layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. As a matter of fact, almost all of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, every quilt's overall size is different. You'll find we publish the quilt's measurements as well as the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Are our quilts washable?
Yes, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We recommend complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural home remedy avoids hemorrhage and also aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine finishes to minimize wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever put a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently utilized to describe crafts created by a craftsman instead of a factory. Due to the fact that it is not mass-produced, each handmade quilt is special. However, not all the stitching in a hand-crafted quilt is done manually. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to produce his workmanship, our seamstresses use different devices to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotating knife as well as stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter collaborates with only thimble, string, and also needle to quilt numerous small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and also ability to develop an item uniquely for you.