A quilt is not only a comfortable bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that develop our quilts choose high quality vibrant fabrics and arrange them into a distinct work of art. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that best complements your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to ensure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
The majority of our quilts are large enough to take care of the need for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's proportions varies. We designate the quilt's dimensions with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you need. Definitely do your measuring before purchasing!
Are our quilts washable?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We recommend adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washer finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a windy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we most definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
Each and every step of the quilt-making process requires a specific woman's competence. Each of our women focuses on either assembling or quilting. Therefore, at least 2 ladies are included in making each quilt. The ladies that stitch the tops together concentrate on assembling certain quilt patterns. Given that each quilter's stitches are different, just one lady does the quilting per quilt. This system enables each lady to come to be a specialist in her work.