A quilt is not only a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that create our quilts choose quality vivid materials and arrange them in a captivating masterpiece. Choose from our stock of over 2 hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly enhances your style.
While the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to ensure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth as well as excellent washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be reasonably sizable in length and width. The majority of our quilts are generous enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different as well. We list the quilt's dimensions along with the calculated drop for you to compare to the dimensions you want to have. Kindly do your research prior to buying!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are undoubtedly washable in a washing machine! We suggest adhering to these guidelines for best results:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tablespoons of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy stops hemorrhage and aids with establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to decrease creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The profession of lots of Amish and Mennonite women has to correspond to their home life, because they remain at home to look after their families. Quilt-making accommodates that need. Our team enables these ladies to work at their own pace to make sure that they may properly look after their household. For many ladies, quilting is really good therapy as well as a great past-time.