A quilt is not just a relaxing bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artisans that make our quilts select top-notch vivid fabrics and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your home design.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to make sure tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both warmth and superb washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be relatively large in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are large enough to relieve the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, each quilt's dimensions differs as well. We list the quilt's dimensions together with the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. Please do your research ahead of making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise the following standards for best results:
- Machine wash with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy prevents bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine quits to decrease wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish and also Mennonite ladies to produce quilts for our shop.