A quilt is not merely a relaxing bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists that create our quilts pick top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our stock of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your taste.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, however, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also outstanding washing results.
You will find our quilts to be remarkably large in length and width. Actuality, most of our quilts are generous enough to take care of the necessity for a dust ruffle and pillow shams. Just as mattress heights vary, each and every quilt's dimensions differs. You'll find we specify the quilt's measurements alongside the estimated drop for you to compare to the proportions you need. Kindly do your measuring before making a purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, our quilts are indeed machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy prevents hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never ever place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Facts
It is essential that the quilt you order is an ideal match for your bed. Each quilt's size is special. Check your dimensions by simply measuring the edge of your bed from the top of the mattress to the length you wish for. Do your measuring prior to buying!