A quilt is not only a cozy bedspread: it is also a piece of artwork. The crafters who develop our quilts select top-notch vivid materials and arrange them into a captivating work of art. Pick from our selection of over two hundred handmade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
While the pieces of fabric are stitched with each other by machine to make certain tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also exceptional washing results.
Almost all of our quilts are large enough to overcome the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights differ, each quilt's sizing can be different. You'll find we designate the quilt's measurements in addition to the estimated drop for you to compare to the overall size you want. Please do your measuring ahead of your purchase!
Can you wash these quilts?
As a matter of fact, our quilts are certainly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these guidelines for ideal handling results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and also 2 tbsps of salt in addition to the laundry detergent. This natural home remedy avoids bleed and helps to protect the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to reduce wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt into the clothes dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly suggest washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.