A quilt is not just a comfortable bed covering: it is also a piece of artwork. The artists that design our quilts select top-notch colorful fabrics and organize them in an appealing work of art. Pick from our stock of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your home design.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched together by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton fabrics compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat and also excellent washing outcomes.
You will find our quilts to be reasonably large in length and width. Actuality, the majority of our quilts are generous enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights vary, every quilt's measurements differs. We publish the quilt's dimensions in conjunction with the estimated drop for you to compare to the size you are trying to find. It is important to do your measuring before making a purchase!
Fortunately, our quilts are undoubtedly machine-washable! We advise adhering to these standards for best results:
- Machine wash with completely cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use mild laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the initial washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids hemorrhage and also assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washer stops to reduce creases and also color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt in the clothes dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts can be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we definitely recommend washing.
Amish Handmade Quilt Trivia
The term handmade is frequently made use of to describe crafts created by an artisan instead of a factory. Each handmade quilt is unique since it is not mass-produced. Nonetheless, not all the stitching in a hand-made quilt is done by hand. Just as the woodcrafter utilizes mechanical devices to develop his workmanship, our seamstresses use various tools to craft these quilts. The seamstress cuts her pieces with a rotary knife and also stitch them with each other on the stitching machine. The quilter deals with just thread, needle, and thimble to quilt hundreds of small stitches throughout the quilt. Handmade is a gift: it is the gift of time and talent to produce an item uniquely for you.