A quilt is not only a comfy bed covering: it is also a masterpiece of art. The artists who make our quilts pick quality vibrant fabrics and organize them in a captivating work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly matches your style.
Although the pieces of fabric are stitched by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat as well as exceptional washing outcomes.
Most of our quilts are large enough to overcome the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's dimensions can be different. We specify the quilt's dimensions alongside the determined drop for you to compare to the dimensions you may need. It is important to do your research ahead of your purchase!
Yes, our quilts are indeed washable in a washing machine! We recommend adhering to these standards for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Wash in a washing machine with cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only mild laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, add 1/2 cup vinegar as well as 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry detergent. This natural remedy protects against hemorrhage and also helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt when the washing machine stops to reduce wrinkles as well as color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line dry on a windy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we absolutely advise washing.
Did you know?
Family Farm Handcrafts utilizes close to 200 Amish and Mennonite ladies to make quilts for our store.