A quilt is not just a comfy bed cover: it is also a masterpiece of art. The crafters that design our quilts choose high quality vivid materials and organize them in an attractive work of art. Select from our selection of over two hundred Amish homemade quilts for a quilt that perfectly complements your home design.
Although the fabric pieces are stitched by machine to make sure tighter stitching, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials compose the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched between those 2 layers, nevertheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting guaranties both heat as well as excellent washing results.
Just about all of our quilts are generous enough to eliminate the necessity for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as bed heights are different, each quilt's overall size differs. We specify the quilt's dimensions in addition to the determined drop for you to compare to the sizing you want. It is important to do your homework prior to buying!
Yes, our quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise adhering to these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on gentle cycle.
- Use only light laundry soap, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tbsps of salt along with the laundry soap. This natural remedy avoids bleed as well as assists in establishing the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt immediately after the washing machine finishes to lessen wrinkles and color-bleeding.
- Never put a quilt in the dryer! Line dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, but we definitely advise washing.
Did you know?
The occupation of lots of Amish and Mennonite women needs to correspond to their home life, given that they stay at home to care for their families. Making quilts fits that requirement. Our company allows these women to produce at their own pace to ensure that they can effectively maintain their household. For a lot of women, quilting is excellent therapy and a great past-time.