A quilt is not just a comfy bedspread: it is also a masterpiece of artwork. The artists who create our quilts choose top quality vibrant materials and arrange them into a captivating masterpiece. Select from our selection of over 2 hundred homemade quilts for a quilt that best complements your taste.
Though the fabric pieces are stitched with each other by machine to guarantee tighter sewing, all the quilting is done by hand. 100% cotton materials make up the top and bottom of the quilt. The batting sandwiched in between those 2 layers, nonetheless, is 100% polyester. This polyester batting warranties both heat and also superb washing outcomes.
You will discover our quilts to be rather large in length and width. Actuality, well-nigh of our quilts are large enough to relieve the need for a dust ruffle or pillow shams. Just as mattress heights differ, each quilt's size is different as well. We designate the quilt's dimensions together with the calculated drop for you to compare to the overall size you are trying to find. Definitely do your research prior to purchasing!
Can you wash these quilts?
Fortunately, these quilts are certainly washable in a washing machine! We advise complying with these guidelines for the best care of your heirloom quilt:
- Machine wash with only cold water on delicate cycle.
- Use only light laundry detergent, such as liquid Cheer for colors (No bleach or bleach alternatives. No Woolite or fabric softener.) For the very first washing, include 1/2 cup vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt along with the laundry detergent. This home remedy prevents hemorrhage and helps to establish the colors in your quilt.
- Remove quilt as soon as the washing machine finishes to lessen creases and color-bleeding.
- Never place a quilt into the dryer! Line completely dry on a breezy day.
- Quilts could be dry-cleaned at your own risk, however we certainly recommend washing.
Amish Homemade Quilt Trivia
Family Farm Handcrafts uses almost 200 Mennonite and also Amish ladies to sew quilts for our store.